Sunday, July 8, 2012

Work, Work, and more Work!

Today was one of the more relaxed days I had in the program. I woke up around 10 am and started adding to my research paper. At 11:15, Aurea and I had Sunday brunch at Mel's. I enjoyed a big breakfast that I knew would give me enough energy to finish and edit my paper.

Pancakes, ham, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and scrambled eggs
Writing my paper was not very hard but the hard part was editing. Every time I write a big paper for a class, I print it out and edit everything. By the time I finished, there were red marks everywhere. But I still felt satisfied. I put in the edits and will print it out tomorrow. Aurea looked over it as well and edited parts. I am glad for her advice and the fact that I got to take a break from working! The topic I chose for my paper was whether United States presidents should be allowed more powers in cases of National Emergencies and I said no due to previous overstepping of executive power in terms of making unconstitutional decisions by previous presidents.

Later, Morvarid, Rowland, Brittany, Aurea, and I went to a Persian restaurant called Persopholes. It had great food; I'd never had Persian food so I was excited to try it! It was a good way to end the day.

Brittany and Rowland
A spread of Persian food
Bread, rice, and chicken
Group photo
Silly silly

No comments:

Post a Comment