Sunday, July 1, 2012

Big Dinosaurs and Beautiful Grass

Today was the day I truly slept in - I woke up at 11 am! After getting dressed and getting breakfast, I went with Aurea, Morvarid, Tomi, Lucas, and Brittany on an RA trip to the American Museum of Natural History. The museum was absolutely fascinating - every exhibit had fossils and explanations of different vertebrae, mammals in continents such as Asia and Africa, and of native peoples. I had a great time there. After spending time at the museum, the six of us had a small picnic in Central Park and then went back home. For dinner, Brittany, Tomi, Aurea, Morvarid, one of Morvarid's TAs, and I went to Ruby Foo's, an Asian restaurant. It's been a fun weekend, but I'm excited to go back to class tomorrow and discuss more political science.

Outside of the museum
Statue of Theodore Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt's quote about Manhood

Cheetahs in the jungle!
Space exhibit
...Someone isn't happy
Anatomy of frogs
One of the carnivore dinosaurs
An absolutely huge dinosaur!

This fossil is 4 million years old! We were able to touch it

Me!
Human skeleton
Central Park!
Paleontologists
American Indians







No comments:

Post a Comment