Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Does this mean it's official?

Today, the ILC was invited to the West Contra Costa Unified School District (WCCUSD) School Board Meeting. Each cohort was presented before the board, parents and local TV, by our chaperones. We were then each given a certificate in light of our accomplishments as a part of the ILC. Winston Long, an alumni of my high school, and a student at Yale University, gave a speech on the importance of this program. We also finally got to see the sponsors of the our trip.

After the speeches, every ILCer, all of the chaperones and all of our parents who came to the evnt gathered in a huge group photo. We take one of these every year, and each time it gets bigger. I can't wait to see this hanging in my school's front office, just like the one from last year. Thanks again everybody. I can't wait to have dinner with all of my class mates tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment