Friday, June 29, 2012

We Put the Constitution in Jeopardy

I think I've entered a consistent sleep routine. Each night  I go to bed at about 1:00 AM. My roommate wakes me up in the morning by slamming the door at around 7:00. Rather than being annoying, this is a big help. I fall back asleep again, but it makes it much easier to awaken from my alarm at 8:50.

Once again, I don't have much to write about tonight. Yesterday, it was because I had very little time. Today, it's because I just didn't do much.

The first half of class was spent reviewing cases that we read last night. It's hard to summarize them all, because they covered a broad range of topics. At this point, we are basically just reading major Supreme Court decisions to be knowledgeable on important precedents and have an understanding of how justices have interpreted the Constitution.

At lunch, I watched a TED talk on Economic Inequality. I had heard of these before, but never seen one. It was really fascinating. The speaker went into detail on the implications of the matter, without losing objectivity. The evidence was all empirical, even when it pointed to a clear solution. After the video, everyone in attendance had a discussion about the subject.

When we returned to class, we took a quiz on cases we had read and played a game of "Constitutional Jeopardy." I would like to point out, that my team, "Team Awesome," came in second place, by a slim margin. The game was really fun.

I didn't go anywhere after class. I spent my time in between dining halls and dorms, just meeting people and making new friends. We don't have much work for tomorrow, so I didn't have to spend too long studying. There were very few scheduled events today, so it seemed like a great opportunity to just relax. I went to an ice cream party on the twelfth floor of Carmen hall for a little while, but I didn't stay too long. Eventually, I just got tired and went back to my room. This probably wasn't the most interesting day to read about, but it was definitely fun and productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment