Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Addressing the City of Pinole

This evening, Pinole Valley Ivy League students were invited to the Pinole city council meeting to share with their community their thoughts about their individual program, how they plan to give back to their town and community, and also shared a little about themselves. I was very honored for this opportunity to represent not only my community, my school, and my organization (Ivy League Connection) today, it was truly a good experience and I am glad I had the opportunity to attend. Ms.Kahn and the mayor honored us students with medals of appreciation given to very elite group of students of Pinole Valley High School based on achievements. My parents and family at home were very proud of us students for being such great examples and role models for students in our community as they watched on television the meeting which was also broadcasted on television. Nonetheless, the council as well also took the time to individually express their appreciation and encouraged us all on our paths towards success. In all, It was a very heart-warming gathering and today more than ever, after hearing each and every one of our speeches in front of many, I am proud for being a citizen in Pinole and I am proud of not only my city but also the community in which I represent.
I will not let you down, and I will always strive to represent you in the best way possible, and promote an even better community in the future. With the experiences I acquire, I can assure you that I will use them all for the benefit of you, and the people in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment