Monday, April 30, 2012

Me, Myself, and I

My name is Adrianne Ramsey and I am a junior at El Cerrito High School. I applied to the Constitutional Law program to gain a better understanding of the United States political system, learn more about the United States constitution, and discover the art of debating. My father is co-founder of the Ivy League Connection and I participated in the program last year; I took the course "Women and Leadership" at Brown University. I hope to gain insight about Columbia University and learn much more about the college application process and what college will be like. When I come back home, I hope to inform more students about the Ivy League Connection and hopefully talk to my senior AP United States Government and Politics class about my newfound knowledge of the United States constitution. I cannot wait to hold debates and mock trials; I've been interested in learning law since I was a child.

I participate in a lot of extracurriculars - I am the Editor-in-Chief of our school's Literary Magazine, write for the Time Out section of the West County Times and El Cerrito High School's school newspaper, am a member of ECHS' Varsity swim team, play classical and jazz piano, and do community service through my church. My nickname is Busy Bee since I am constantly running around doing something. I lead a very busy life but I would not live it any other way.

The college I chose to do research on is the University of Pennsylvania, which is an Ivy League university located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The school was founded by Benjamin Franklin in 1740 and has an undergraduate population of about 9,865 students. There are four undergraduate schools: College of Arts and Sciences (the most popular), School of Engineering and Applied Science, Wharton School of Business, and the School of Nursing. If I attended the University of Pennsylvania, I would definitely be in the College of Arts and Sciences and be interested in the psychology and writing majors. Some famous alums that attended the University of Pennsylvania range from Donald Trump to Leonard Myers.


No comments:

Post a Comment